Sales/Support: 0800 040 7228

Access & Control

Customer Control Panel Partner Control Panel Webmail Login
Toggle Menu

Data Centres set to power iomart's growth

21st June 2007 · Press Releases

Data Centres set to power iomart’s growth

Final results set the agenda for company’s future

Glasgow-based internet services company iomart plc has today reported a 16.9 per cent growth in revenue in 2006/07, to £21.086 million, with gross profits also increasing – by 20 per cent to £16.4 million.

Additionally, the AIM-listed company reported a fourfold increase in its operating profit to £565,000.

iomart’s businesses include Easyspace Data Centres (UK) & Easyspace Hosting, Ufindus, a web marketing company, and Netintelligence, an award-winning internet security service provider.

In March the company acquired a 51 per cent controlling interest in Ezee DSL Ltd for £4.8m. In his annual report, iomart CEO Angus MacSween said the company will acquire the remaining 49 per cent in two years time, further strengthening Easyspace’s position in the UK datacentre market.

Angus said: “The highlight of the last year has been our entry into the datacentre market, and we believe this to be an area of great opportunity for the group over the next few years and one which will deliver excellent returns for our shareholders.

“Since the acquisition we have made good progress in making the data centres operational and recruiting key senior personnel. The reaction to our initial marketing of our data centres has been very encouraging and we remain convinced that our strategic move into the datacentre market at this stage of the cycle will provide additional growth and profit for the group.”

Angus also revealed that other areas of the group continued to perform well and in line with expectations.

He added: “The last 12 months have given us a very strong basis from which to move forward in the next stage of the group’s development, and we look forward to another rewarding year.”

Related Post

Subscribe to RSS Feed